Do I have to go to court if I want to recover monetary damages in my Florida auto accident case?


No, you don’t have to go to court in order to do that. What you would do prior to going to court is if you have an attorney, if you’re working on it yourself, you would take pictures of the scene, take pictures of your injuries, collect all the information from all witnesses, and you would present that along with your medical bills and records, any evidence of any injuries or damages or any type of problem that you have where you’d want to recover money for it, such as if you have the loss of capacity to earn a living because you can’t work the way you could previously because of your injuries or if you have loss of consortium where you have a problem in your familial relationship where you used to pick up your children, go play with them but now because of your injuries you can’t do that or not to the same extent. You’d have to prove all of those things to an extent to the other side, their insurance company. You can settle the case with the adjuster.

Sometimes a mediation is warranted where you have a mediation where there’s a mediator who basically is a negotiator who would work with both sides to try and resolve the case. If it can be resolved in one of these ways prior to filing suit, that would be the end of the case, you would sign the paperwork closing the case and you will be paid compensation for your injuries.


10.0Christopher Parker-Cyrus
Christopher Parker-CyrusReviewsout of 14 reviews
10 best law firms 2018 badge
The National Trial Lawyers The National Trial Lawyers
top 10 personal injury attorney badge

Distinguished Counsel 2017

Distinguished Counsel 2018

MH peer rating